(Updated - Thursday, November 26/20)
As we consider the risk around us, we remind our staff, residents and their families to follow the guidelines and heed the warnings of Public Health. Most importantly, we must use good judgement, self-monitor regularly and isolate ourselves if we have any indication that we might have been exposed to COVID-19. We respectfully request that everyone entering our buildings check the potential COVID-19 exposure locations daily: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/alerts-notices/
Mask wearing, regular handwashing and maintaining physical distance are measures we must continue to employ for our own protection as well as that of our loved ones, neighbours and strangers. Staying away from public gatherings and limiting your bubble to a small group is also advised.
At this time we continue to allow visits from family members. To help manage the number of visitors entering our buildings at one time, we ask that you please call reception in advance of your visit so we can ensure there is ample time between each visitor:
~ Gladstone (902) 492-3700
~ Halifax (902) 429-2222
~ Dartmouth (902) 434-9415
~ Bedford (902) 835-6222
- Call reception in advance
- One visit per day per resident
- One visitor per resident (unless it is two people from the same household)
- Hand-sanitize at reception
- Always keep mask on while in the building
- Go straight to resident’s apartment
- Avoid unnecessary interactions with employees and residents
If you have any suspicious symptoms, please re-schedule your visit. We do not want a virus of any kind entering our buildings. The following is posted on our doors and we ask that you respectfully answer NO to all questions before entering any of our buildings.
- Do you have symptoms of COVID-19, flu, cold or other?
- Have you been outside the Atlantic Bubble in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been in any of the possible COVID-19 exposure locations identified by Public Health in Nova Scotia? Please visit https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/alerts-notices/.
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been outside the Atlantic Bubble, is showing signs of illness, has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting results or has tested positive for COVID-19?
We will, of course, reserve the right to ask visitors these questions in person should we feel it is necessary. Working together we will have greater success keeping our buildings COVID-free and both residents and employees safe. We thank you for your continued support!
Considering all the recent activity in the Halifax area, please self-monitor for signs that you are sick and govern yourself accordingly. If in the past 48 hours you have had, or you are currently experiencing any of the following symptoms, we urge you to call 811 or you can use this link https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20201001005:
Fever (i.e. chills/sweats) OR Cough (new or worsening)
Two or more of the following symptoms (new or worsening):
- Sore throat
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
- Shortness of breath
You should also call 811 for assessment if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19 or have any other symptoms that concern you.
For more information and updates, click on the following links:
The following are measures we are currently taking to protect our residents and employees:
- We are allowing indoor visits with family and close friends
- Residents and family and friends are reminded to wear a mask, practice physical distancing AND regular hand hygiene if they choose to go to appointments or shopping
- Hair Salons are open in our buildings for residents (following industry protocols)
- Employees and outside caregivers must answer NO to all of our screening test questions and have a daily a temperature check before starting their workday
- Residents returning from hospital might be quarantined for 5-14 days if necessary unless tested for COVID-19
- Residents & staff are monitored closely for any change in their health
- Everyone is reminded to practice hand hygiene and physical distancing
- Employees with one or more of the COVID symptoms will be asked to stay home for up to 14 days depending on the situation
- Employees who come into contact with someone testing COVID positive will be required to stay home for 14 days
- Recreation programs have been moved to larger spaces and limits have been placed on group size to ensure appropriate social distancing
- Dining Room has shifted to a 2-seatings model for lunch and dinner to reduce numbers in the dining room at any given time
- Tray service is available for those choosing to isolate and will be mandatory for those with signs of illness or required to quarantine
- Regular sanitizing of high touch surfaces and common areas
- All staff are wearing homemade masks when in proximity of residents
- All Berkeley healthcare staff are wearing medical grade masks
- Family may drop off items for residents at the door or hand off in person when meeting residents outside
As we look to the future and life returning to normal, we would like to turn your attention to the virtual tours on our website. For now, we are only doing in-person tours of the exact apartment unit for those who are ready to move in soon. If you would like a personalized virtual tour of one of our buildings or more information, please call Jenn Walker at (902) 802-0346 or email email@example.com.