Re-imagine independent and assisted living for seniors in a social, active retirement community.
The Berkeley is home to seniors wanting to live in a warm, social community where nutritious meals, activities and friends provide the foundation for living well in retirement every day. We offer a lifestyle solution and peace of mind for seniors. Our residents enjoy the convenience of retirement living in an apartment with included services and the benefit of an onsite health care professional 24-hours a day. Additional hospitality and health care services are available for a personalized experience. With distinguishing features to make them each unique, our four locations – Gladstone, Halifax, Dartmouth and Bedford – are within walking distance of amenities such as grocery stores, restaurants, health clinics and pharmacies. The Berkeley Retirement Residences offer the perfect balance of choice, convenience, independence and support. Personal, customized comfort and the freedom to live well in retirement. That's The Berkeley!
Retirement Living at a Glance
Residents enjoy the following benefits when they choose The Berkeley as their new home:
- Choice of a studio, one or two bedroom apartment
- Two daily meals in our full-service dining room (third meal available)
- Full social calendar: on-site activities and entertainment, and community outings
- Weekly housekeeping (cleaning and laundering/change of flat linens)
- Health care professional on duty 24-hours a day
- Comfortable common spaces
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- 24-hour in-suite emergency response system
- Secure entrances with video monitoring
- Parking on-site