Retirement Living at a Glance
Residents enjoy the following benefits when they choose The Berkeley as their new home:
- Choice of a studio, one or two bedroom apartment
- Two daily meals in our full-service dining room (third meal available)
- Full social calendar: on-site activities and entertainment, and community outings
- Weekly housekeeping (cleaning and laundering/change of flat linens)
- Health care professional on duty 24-hours a day
- Comfortable common spaces
- Laundry facilities on every floor
- 24-hour in-suite emergency response system
- Secure entrances with video monitoring
- Parking on-site
The first retirement residence in Halifax, The Berkeley Halifax, opened its doors on Green Street in September 1990. Since then, the business has grown to include a total of four buildings in HRM - The Berkeley Dartmouth on Eisener Boulevard, The Berkeley Bedford on Convoy Run and The Berkeley Gladstone on Gladstone Street in Halifax.
Each building boasts the character of its community, and the social calendar reflects the interests of its residents. Though each building is unique, they are all within walking distance of important amenities such as grocery stores, pharmacies and doctors’ offices. In 2015, we celebrated our 25th anniversary. We look forward to the future with anticipation and enthusiasm, especially as we prepare for the construction of our new building at the Ben’s Bakery site in Halifax.
The Berkeley prides itself on being an intimate, welcoming community for seniors. We deliver extraordinary, personalized customer service to our residents in a positive, caring environment where we our staff feel satisfied, empowered and connected to our residents. We recognize that people are the most important aspect of our business.We are very committed to giving back to our community by supporting and forming partnerships with local businesses and charities. After all, we Love Where We Live - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - and our residents love living at The Berkeley for the many benefits we provide. We cater to a senior population, typically 80+, who want to stay active and socially engaged living a joy-filled life as they age in place at The Berkeley!